The final piece to your portfolio is the professional resume and cover letter. Your resume showcases your skills, experience, education, and unique experiences. Emphasize your talents that distinguishes you from the competition. In addition, include one paragraph with what you’ve learned, describing feedback received from Career Services about what you learned about creating resumes and cover letters for nurses.
For this professional portfolio, you may present your skills in a Word document, PowerPoint, or PDF file. Limit the resumÃ© to one page.
- Meet on an individual basis with career services to create a rough draft for your cover letter and resume, integrating feedback from your visit to Career Services.
- Write a cover letter, one-page maximum, summarizing key skills and accomplishments.
- Write a one-to-two page resume.
- Descriptive paragraph about Career Services feedback (separate from resume)
- Objective/Professional summary
- Work experience
- Volunteer/Community service
- Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
- Upload as an attachment in the assignment area.