Select a data review project topic. Then, write a 1â€“2-page topic description that includes the problem statement and list of supporting references.
Note: Each assessment of your capstone project is built on the work you have completed in previous assessments. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
This is an exciting time in your academic journey. It is now time to self-lead, practice health care competencies, and explore a topic that is of professional interest to you. The capstone data review project should contribute value to both a health care organization, as well as to your professional career development goals.
This assessment provides an opportunity to identify a relevant health care problem that warrants analysis. It also helps to conduct a thorough review of the current literature that relates to the problem.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Transformation: Facilitate a change process that effectively involves patients, communities, and professionals in the improvement and delivery of health care and wellness.
- Write a clear, one-sentence problem statement for a proposed project.
- Identify the key performance indicators and outcome measures for a proposed project.
- Competency 2: Execution: Translate strategy to develop and maintain optimal organizational performance in health care settings.
- Summarize a current and relevant authoritative literature.
- Combine clear, coherent, and original writing, in APA style, with relevant and credible evidence from the scholarly and professional literature.
- Competency 3: People: Create an organizational climate that values and supports employees and colleagues in health care settings.
- Articulate the value of a proposed project to an organization and to one’s professional health care leadership competency development goals.