Please complete all parts
See attachment 6160 1 and 6160 ex
From the following variety of topics/concepts related to attachment, select one that attracts you strongly and/or stirs your curiosity:
- Secure attachment
- Social referencing
- Attachment and prosocial behavior/empathy in young children
- Attachment and emotion regulation in young children
- Attachment and the development of spirituality in children
- Search the library for scholarly articles that provide further information about your chosen concept.
- Search the Internet for additional resources.
- From all resources you reviewed, select three that you find most relevant. At least two sources must be from scholarly journals.
- Study and reflect on the additional information you found.
- A brief description of the concept you chose and why you chose it
- Citations for the three resources you selected, in APA format
- At least one insight, fact, or new learning from each of the resources
- A personal reflection including:
- Anything that surprised you and/or dispelled an assumption
- Additional information you found important, noteworthy, and/or unusual
See attachment 6160 2 and 6160 2 ex
public health measures that impact children’s development all over this world address, among others, the following areas of concern:
- Access to healthy water
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Mental health of mothers, fathers, and families in general
- Choose one public health topic from the list above (or one that you think should be added to the list).
- Describe in what ways this topic is meaningful to you.
- Find information about this topic from a different part of the world, and include this information in your Blog.
- Share ways the information you have learned may impact your future work.
One of your friends is expecting her first child. She is part of a small group of first-time parents who are eager to learn all they can about child development. Knowing that you are currently enrolled in a child development course, your friend asks you to provide the group with information about language development.
- Which theory or combination of theories would you use for your presentation, and why?
- Which position or combination of positions about the goals of language learning and use would you incorporate, and why?
See 6160 instructions and 6160 3
In preparation for the discussion this week, reflect on the following:
- What is your response to the theory that identity formation occurs within dynamic systems of relationships and societal norms?
- In what ways have you noticed that children look to adults, peers, images on TV, and other media for clues about acceptable behavior and behavioral norms?
- Have you ever heard or read something that you considered to be racist, sexist, segregationist, or tolerant of abusive behavior?
- Have you ever felt awkward because you were told that your behavior or your views did not conform to the norm?
- Listen to the radio; watch children’s programming including advertising; look at children’s books; or watch popular children’s movies.
- As you read, watch, and listen, put yourself in the place of a child between the ages of 2 and 6, and consider the messages you are receiving and all ways in which these messages might influence your sense of self.
- Five specific messages that, in your opinion, might influence a young child’s identity formation process
- The type of media that produced these messages
- A brief summary of specific ways these messages might influence the identity formation process
- Any new insights, noteworthy ideas or personal conclusions related to this assignment
Take a look at the list below-it is by no means complete, but instead highlights some of the major stressors children all over the world may experience:
- Natural disaster
- Environmental pollution
Have you, or has anyone you know, experienced any of these stressors as a child? How did you, or the other person, cope/survive? What were the ramifications? In what regions and/or countries are children currently experiencing any of these stressors? What do you think happens to those children’s biosocial, cognitive, and psychosocial development?
- From the list above, choose one stressor that you, or someone you know, experienced as a child. Share how you, or that person, coped with and/or compensated for that stressor (including any resources used or any support obtained).
- Choose a region or country in the world that you would like to know more about and/or for which you have a special affinity. Find out, and describe, the kind of stressor(s) that impact the development of children in that region/country and what is being done to minimize the harm.
- Describe three examples of play behavior that illustrate the presence of intersubjectivity in children’s play.
- Summarize the ways intersubjectivity manifests itself in each of the three examples.
- Briefly state any new insights you gained, or ideas you developed, as a result of your readings about children’s construction of meaning and about intersubjectivity.
- In your opinion, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of identifying and labeling children?
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of considering special needs/varying abilities as variations of normal development?
See 6160 4 ex and 6160 4
See 6160 5 ex and 6160 5
See 6160 6 ex and 6160 6
- Considering a commitment to viewing young children holistically (i.e., a commitment to “the whole child”), what, if anything, do you believe should be measured or assessed? Explain your reasoning.
- In what ways are school-age children assessed in other parts of the world? (Choose a country or region of the world for which you have a personal affinity.)
- What additional ideas, comments, suggestions, examples, and/or concerns related to assessing young children would you like to share with your colleagues?
- One positive and one negative impact of a technology tool, and the ways in which it may enhance and/or impede development for school-age children
- One suggestion for how you, and/or each of us, can foster the positive influence, and/or lesson the dangers, of new technologies on children’s development
- Any other comments, personal experiences, and/or insights you would like to add to this discussion
See 6160 7 ex and 6160 7
five major topics related to child development: attachment, empathy, trauma, resilience, and global child development concerns.
From the five major topics, choose one to which you feel a strong personal connection,
- A brief summary of the three readings for your topic
- A reflective statement about why you chose this topic
- Identify three additional Scholarly Resources for the topic you chose (at least one must address ways in which healthy development can be/is being fostered). Look for scholarly resources with the latest information on your chosen issue.
- Cite each resource in APA format.
- Summarize the content of each resource.
- Add a brief conclusion in which you address these questions:
- In what ways do these resources contribute to your deeper understanding of the topic?
- Which questions, if any, do you still have regarding this topic?
- Considering the resources you found, as well as everything you know at this point about children and their developmental paths: What is, in your opinion, the importance of this topic in relation to child development?
Assignment length: approximately 2 pages
Reflect on what you have learned, and review the course objectives; your responses to the course discussions and assignments; the feedback you received from your Instructor, as well as from your colleagues; and your experience creating, and contributing to, your Early Childhood Blog and its international dimension. Then, write a Reflection paper that includes the following:
- At least three insights you gained from your coursework, with regard to child development
- At least one insight you gained about children, and child development, related to global awareness, issues, and/or concerns
- Ways in which your initial assumptions, about children and how children develop, have changed and/or been strengthened by your work in this course.
Assignment length: 2 pages
- At least one quote about children, or a visual/media piece with written commentary
- A note of professional thanks and support to the Blogs