MLA601 On The MLA Discussion Forum, Post A Brief Introduction To Your Fellow Students And Tutors: Sustainable Maritime Operations Assignment, MLA, Singapore
|University||MLA College (MC)|
|Subject||Sustainable Maritime Operations Assignment|
On the MLA Discussion Forum, post a brief introduction to your fellow students and tutors. Write about yourself, the sector in which you are employed (or hope to be), and your role within it. Here are a few suggestive questions to get you started. However, don’t feel constrained by them: this work is yours so write whatever you feel is appropriate.
• What maritime (or other) sector are you working in and where are you located?
• Give a (brief!) overview of your work experience
• What is your job role and main responsibility?
• You can use a strategic tool to structure this answer
Sourcing literature on a range of topics will be a fundamental part of your study experience. This often means accessing material that is well beyond opinion pieces scattered on the Internet and require you to consult the University library systems. To get used to finding, reading, and summarising this material, you should put together an Annotated Bibliography, using the University of Plymouth online Library, Google Scholar or other resources that you might find appropriate. It is essential that you read the ‘Annotated Bibliography Guide’ in the TLP before you attempt this question.
Select SEVEN contemporary (i.e. within the last five years) references to review.
The references should refer to the impact of digitalization in the maritime industry.
The review shall include:
• THREE academic journal papers (e.g., from Maritime Policy and Management).
• ONE trade publication (e.g., Lloyds List, Seaways).
• ONE section or chapter from a relevant academic textbook.
• ONE website.
• ONE additional academic source chosen by you from anywhere.
• Write a 200-word summary of each of the seven literature sources, summarising the main points of the work, and briefly commenting upon the validity of using the material in academic work.
• Include a list of references using the Harvard Referencing System.