This Assignment needs to be followed to the “t” No Plagiarism and no late assignments!
As you have learned, the legal system is composed of various elements. Each of these elements, including the courts, lawyers, and juries, works together to form a system which preserves individual freedoms by protecting civil rights and civil liberties.
In an essay of five pages, discuss the various elements of the criminal courts system. Be sure to address the following elements and questions:
- What’s the function of the criminal courts in society?
- Define and compare the Adversarial and Consensual models of the criminal courts.
- Define and compare the Crime control and Due process models of the criminal courts.
- What impact do plea bargains have on the criminal courts?
- What is the function of the defense attorney in criminal cases?
- What is the role of the Prosecuting attorney in a criminal case?
- Analyze, compare and contrast the roles that these two types of attorneys play in protecting society and individual freedoms.
- What reasons would Prosecutors have for favoring plea bargains?
- Compare and contrast these reasons to the reasons that a defendant may have for favoring a plea bargain.
- What is the function of the criminal court jury?
- Discuss three reasons for the importance of juries in American society.
- Analyze the role that a jury plays in society, and discuss whether you believe that juries are generally successful in performing their intended function.
- Compare and contrast the role of a jury, with the role played by the judge in a criminal trial.
In addition to your textbook, support your answers with at least four sources. Cite to those sources using the APA format.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful essay must also meet the following criteria:
- Length should be 5 pages, excluding cover page and references.
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.