Review the discussion of â€œstrategic leadersâ€ at the beginning of Chapter 2. Strategic leadership involves the use of power and influence to direct and manage others in pursuit of an organizationâ€™s goals. Typically the most important strategic leaders are leaders and key managers in established corporations and entrepreneurs who build their own companies.
I. In no more than 650 words (two and a half pages double-spaced), answer the following questions:
- Do you want to be a strategic leader at some point in your career?
- Do you agree with the description in Chapter 2 of what a strategic leader should be and do?
- Whether you want to be a strategic leader or not, describe a goal in your life. If it is not a business or career goal, tell how it relates to your career.
- Why do you want to pursue this goal? What might stop you?
- What do you hope to get out of a course in strategic management that might help you overcome the obstacles and reach the goal?
II. At the end of the paper, list 3 companies, preferably small-to-mid-sized firms.