For EACH of the following scenarios, in at least one paragraph, answer the following questions.
- How do you explain the behavior? What emotions might that person be experiencing?
- What would be an effective response?
- What psychological processes may be affecting the personâ€™s behavior?
- What suggestions would you give the people in each scenario to help in their particular situations?
- Your husband comes home, storms around the house slamming doors and muttering to himself. When you ask whatâ€™s wrong, he says that he and a colleague â€œreally got into it today.â€ You want him to talk about what happened. Instead, he changes clothes and goes to the gym.
- Mary Ann is 17 years old. Her mother died the day before her seventeenth birthday. Mary Ann occasionally states, somewhat proudly, â€œI didnâ€™t even cry.â€ You know that she and her mother were very close.
- You are assigned to Mr. J. today. You enter his hospital room and say â€œGood morningâ€ in your most cheerful voice. Mr. J. answers in an angry tone, â€œWhatâ€™s good about it?â€
- Mrs. K. is scheduled for heart surgery. She is cheerful, never has a complaint, and tries to be helpful to the other patients. Your coworker says, â€œMrs. K. is certainly unusual. She is not at all worried about her surgery.â€
- Write a brief paragraph describing a situation or experience in which psychological processes affected your sense of well-being. Describe the situation, process(es), and their effects.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE TWO ADDITIONAL FILES PROVIDED AS THEY ARE THE LECTURE NOTES, MAKE SURE TO REFLECT ONTO THEM WHEN WRITING ANSWERS. THANK YOU.