Area of Interest
This last unit asks you to select one area of interest to you from Unit 2, Business Structures, through Unit 9, Business Strategy Concepts. Based on your selected unit, research contemporary business challenges (within the last 12 to 18 months) that would be of value for a DBA research project.
What were some of the main concepts presented and discussed from the unit you selected? This is the opportunity to refresh and expand on the concepts presented and discussed by your peers.
What business challenges did you uncover based on the articles you researched? Why would researching this challenge area be of value?
Your discussion post should be a minimum of 350 words and incorporate your researched articles.
Read all posts and respond to at least two other learners. Your responses must be at least 50 words in length and strive to extend the dialogue and analyses with related content.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Identify perspectives.
- Develop personal learning self-development, and self-knowledge.
- Demonstrate critical thinking.
THE BUSINESS MODEL CANVAS
1. VALUE PROPOSITIONS
- What are the critical needs?
- What value do we deliver?
- What bundles of products/services?
- What is the minimum viable product?
2. CUSTOMER SEGMENTS
- Who do we help?
- Who are most important?
- What are customer personas?
- How does our product/service get to the customer?
- Which channels to reach which customer segments?
- Physical and/or mobile-web?
4. CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- How do we get, keep, and grow customers?
- How do we interact?
- What does the target segment expect?
- What customer touch point? Social Media?
5. REVENUE STREAMS
- For what value are customers willing to pay?
- What revenue model strategy?
- Pricing strategy? How much does each revenue stream contribute?
6. KEY RESOURCES
- What key resources do our value propositions require?
- Finance? Physical? Intellectual? Human?
7. KEY PARTNERS
- Who are the key partners and suppliers?
- What do we need from them?
- What key activities do they perform?
8. KEY ACTIVITIES
- What key activities-processes to our value prositions require?
- Production? Supply chain? Management? Customer relationships?
- How do we do it?
9. COST STRUCTURE
- What are the most important costs of the business model?
- Which resources are the most expensive?
- Which keys activities are most expensive?