COM302 Web Analytics Report, SUSS, Singapore: collect available online data and conduct secondary online research to construct a report
You are required to collect available online data and conduct secondary online research to construct a report on your findings. This must provide a context
for understanding the data and include a set of strategic recommendation
based on the data available.
The client is interested to find out why and how audiences engage with their social media platforms, particularly Instagram and TikTok
The client will provide primary social media analytics pertaining. Using this data, and further secondary research as necessary, your task is to construct a report that addresses the questions below and explains and interprets the provided analytics and data from your own research in order to provide recommendations on how they might improve online engagement with their target audiences.
- How can we better capture and retain the attention of our users so that
they spend more time viewing our Instagram Stories
- Why does it seem that many of our IGTV videos receive less engagement
compared to videos published as regular IG posts? How can we improve
the performance of our IGTV videos?
- Does the data reveal any insights regarding the use of hashtags? How can
Do we use hashtags in ways that aid performance, for the various IG formats?
- What helps increase average watch time?
- Are comments and shares a major factor in determining the virality of a
video? If so, how can we encourage more comments and shares?
- Among the different types of TikTok content that we publish, which are more likely to appear on an average viewer’s FYP? For videos that fare poorly on the “FYP as traffic source” metric, what can we do better?
- Do hashtags actually work? How do they affect the performance of our
- Does the data reveal any insights regarding the use/choice of thumbnails?