Career Development for Marketing Professionals Other, SUSS, Singapore: What would be your ideal graduate job? What title/s could it have?
Take a few minutes to think about where you hope your degree will lead. Reflecting on your goals, priorities, and preferences is a valuable strategy for your career development throughout life.
Write down your thoughts on the following questions to help guide you in your future job searches.
- What would be your ideal graduate job? What title/s could it have?
- What are the qualities of your ideal job, or what would make a job right for you? (challenging, financially rewarding, flexible)
- How would you like your life to look after graduation?
- What do you hope to be doing?
- What type of work activities would you like to do, and why? Reflect on your past work, study, and life experiences.
- What work activities do you really dislike doing, and why?
- What are your work-relevant strengths, or what are you good at?
- What organization/employer would you like to work for?
- Where are your preferred locations to work and live? (locally, metropolitan,
rural, interstate, overseas)
- What other factors are important components of your graduate job?
- What is your ‘Plan B’ if you cannot find the position you are looking for?
- Who could you ask for further help, information, or advice?